Community Food Rescue (CFR) Network coordinates food recovery in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Become involved as a:
- FOOD DONOR Montgomery County-licensed food businesses (such as caterers, farmers, farmers’ markets, grocers, institutions, restaurants, etc.).
- RECIPIENT ORGANIZATION A hunger relief or social service organization that provides food (including shelf stable, fresh, frozen, or prepared items) to people in need of supplemental food in Montgomery County.
- FOOD RUNNER Volunteers 18 years or older with vehicles, good driving records, and auto insurance that transport donated food from food businesses to recipient food assistance organizations.
How Does the Matching Tool Work?
The online software matches food businesses with food assistance organizations. Volunteer food runners transport food donations. Matches are based on the types and quantity of food, proximity, timing availability, and transportation capacity.
Community Food Rescue also offers:
- Safe food handling practices
- Public recognition program
- Aggregated reporting for collective impact
Visit Community Food Rescue’s Website to learn more.
Community Food Rescue is an initiative of Manna Food Center, the largest food recovery and distribution organization in Montgomery County. CFR is made possible through the generous support of Montgomery County, Burness and others that care.